Receding gums can be caused by brushing your teeth too hard - but all too often gum disease (gingivitis) is to blame.
You may have gum disease if:
- your gums are swollen or sore
- your gums bleed when you brush your teeth
- you have bad breath (halitosis).
If you have any of these symptoms, see your dentist for a professional check-up as soon as possible. Gingivitis can be treated with antibacterial products such Eludril mouthwash and Elgydium toothpaste.
Both Eludril and Elgydium contain chlorhexidine - recommended by oral healthcare professionals as the gold standard gum disease treatment.
Buy Elgydium toothpaste online
Buy Eludril mouthwash online
Find your local stockist
Receding Gums: The Warning Signs
Gum recession is often a gradual process and so may not be initially obvious. It is more prevalent among people aged over 40. Watch out for the following early symptoms:
- Are your teeth becoming more sensitive, particularly to hot or very cold food? (The Elgydium range includes Elgydium Sensitive to ease the pain)
- Can you feel a ‘notch’ at the gumline on any of your teeth?
- Do any of your teeth look longer than normal?
- Is the part of the tooth near the gum line a different colour to the rest of the tooth?
- Do you have any dental cavities below the gum line?
Get more information in our free newsletter - subscribe now and save 50p when you buy Eludril or Elgydium
Contact the team at Eludril and Elgydium